Use Cases | Key features | User's Manual | Package installation | Configuration | System requirements | Roadmap
The add-on allows one to easily define business workflow templates for common tasks. Workflow «task» tickets can be dependent on any other task(s) in that workflow, giving a high level of control over the order in which tasks are completed. A task that is dependent on preceding tasks will not appear in the queue until the preceding tasks are closed.
- Running workflow from ticket in the agent interface
- Editing workflow templates at startup
- Automatic start of the next workflow upon completion of the previous one (set by the Administrator in the settings)
- Creating, editing and deleting workflow templates (performed by the Administrator)
- Transition of the ticket to the specified state (Status, Queue, Priority, Owner) upon completion of the workflow (set by the Administrator in the settings)
- Automatically adding the body of the last note to the dependent workflow task when the main task is closed (set by the Administrator in the settings)
- Automatically adding the title of the master ticket to the title of the workflow tasks (set by the Administrator in the settings)
- Automatically copying the dynamic fields of the master ticket to workflow tasks, as well as the ability to skip the specified dynamic fields (set by the Administrator in the settings)
Start worklow from ticket
Please use the following URL to install the package utilizing the Admin Interface (please note that you need to be in the "admin" group).
The steps for installing the package are described in the official OTRS instructions for the Administrator.
The package can be configured via the System Configuration in the Admin Interface.
5.1. Setting in system configuration.
Workflow → Core (Figure 5.1).
5.2. Module configuration
The package can be configured in the Admin Interface
After successful installation of the module in the “Admin” menu, in the “Miscellaneous” section, the item “Advanced request states” appears in which the module is configured
- Workflow state matrix
Figure 3.2. Section "Other" in the menu "Administration".
5.2. Workflow management
Figure 3.5. Workflow template detail page.
Figure 3.7. Adding a task
3.5.2. Workflow matrix states
Minimal requirements to hardware for OTRS:
- Processor 3 GHz Xeon or comparable
- RAM 8 GB RAM
- Disk space 256 GB
- OTRS Community Edition 6.0